La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Isaiah on my mind

I've been reading through Isaiah recently. So it caught my eye when I read an old Switchfoot interview where Jon Forman talks about reading Isaiah 40 before singing "Let that Be Enough" at one of his concerts. And then I go to church last night and a woman I've never met comes and shares Isaiah 61:1-3 with me. And then another woman read from a different part of Isaiah (don't remember where)last night as well.

And the first verse I ever memorized is in Isaiah. "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on the wings of eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Issiah 40:31

Here's the link to the Switchfoot interview: www.crosswalk.com/540294.html

And the words to the song that is often my prayer:

Wish I had what I needed
To be on my own
Cause I feel so defeated
And I'm feeling alone
And it all seems so hopeless
And I have no plans
I'm a plane in the sunset
With nowhere to land

And all I see
It could never make me happy
And all my sandcastles
Spend their time collapsing......

.....And I feel stuck watching history repeating
Who am I?
Just a kid who knows he's needy

Let me know that You hear me
Let me know Your touch
Let me know that You love me
And let that be enough

Switchfoot's "Let that Be Enough"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home