La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

It's raining in my apartment! or how I spent my Christmas vacation

This past Friday I dragged myself out of bed at 7am to use the bathroom. Instead, I found water pouring out of my bathroom vent. The next 2 hours were spent frantically finding pots and pans and other containers to try to catch the water that was beginning to drip out of the ceiling in every room, and every few minutes dumping out the trash can filled with water from the bathrrom vent. After a call to my sister, my brother in law brought over towels and buckets on his way to work. My sister, with my nephew in tow, came by after that. Eventually, maintenance came by to tear up carpet and bring a humidifier and some blowers to take out the water. Turns out the rain in my apartement was a result of a frozen water pipe that had burst. When my neightbor on the third floor turned on the water for his shower Friday morning, the pipe burst flooding his bathroom, the second floor apartment below, and my first floor apartment.

Thankfully, my belongings seem to have escaped relatively unharmed. I moved furniture and electronic stuff as quickly as possible to keep them from harms way. Since then, I've been spending the night at my sister's sleeping on her couch. While I was there, I made the mistake of using the bath soap that was in there. Apparently I'm allergic to it because I broke out into a rash the next day.Two showers later, using my own soap, I finally got over it.

I am back in my apartment now that all the stuff I had thrown on my bed to rescue from the water has been put back. I am still waiting for the carpet people to come back so I can move my furniture back and they can take the blowers and humidifier that are currently occupying a lot of the unharmed carpet.

Oh yeah, in between all of this we celebrated Christmas and I spent time with my visiting family.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    showers of blessing
    showers of blessing we need
    mercy drops 'round us are falling
    but for the showers we plead


    Just think of all the character you have now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home