La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

All in a day's work

Here's the only problem about writing kinda downer posts...no one comments cause no one knows what to say. Then you feel like you're talking to yourself which doesn't really help matters.

Work yesterday: Went to work early to do some stuff I had been putting off. Then had a 2.5 hour IEP meeting with parent, special ed teacher, OT, psychiatrist, etc. Usually they last an hour, but this kid has a lot of issues. Because the IEP meeting took so long that meant I had to rush to the other school so I wouldn't be late for therapy. I finally got a new printer cartridge, but when I went to install it, I broke off a piece on the side of it by accident, so I spent 45 minutes trying to get it to work. Oh yeah, I also went to use the teachers bathroom , but it was backed up so I had to find a janator. Saw some more kids for therapy. One therapy session ended with one kid under the table kicking his legs and saying "I want computer." The other kid was rocking wildly in his chair and fidling with his belt. When I went to get my high schoolers for therapy, the other students made suggestive comments at me. After I finished seeing kids, I ended up staying late to work on paperwork for another IEP meeting today, then I realized that I couldn't print anything.

So, the day wasn't great. After the first IEP meeting I wanted to cry. But on the ride to my next school, I just repeated what I had read the night before. "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me." (2Corinthians12:9)

I asked God to give me the strength to get through the day, and he did. On the way home from work I decided to listen to the radio. I had been boycotting it because the station I usually listen to has been playing Christmas music, and there's only so much of that I can take. But they played "Blessed Be Your Name" and I was reminded that we are called to praise God no matter what our circumstances. As one line says "though there's pain in the offering, blessed be your name."

After work was good. Went to my sisters for a bit and played with my nephew. Had dinner and bible study and had a fun time laughing and talking with people there. I wish those times would last and sustain to the next day. Cause waking up this morning was such a struggle, and despite time in prayer and scripture, I'm finding this bad mood hard to shake. But still I will try to praise my God and wait on him to lift me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home