La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Overwhelmed

Here's something I wrote two years ago. It fairly accurately describes how I've been feeling the past week/weekend. It wasn't until today that I finally started to believe the last two stanzas.

The world overwhelms me
As I lie here in my bed.
As I think of all that I should do,
Swirling thoughts fill my head.

I have no will to go on,
No drive to do what's right.
Tears of despair run down
I pray for God to end my life.

Seconds slowly slide by,
Sorrow eats my heart.
Peace is but a memory
Once your life falls apart.

I cry out in frustration
I weep in despair
I whimper in submission
To a God I know still cares

Yes, He loves every child
And He hears every plea.
Even when I can't love Him
He never stops loving me.

No I can't escape his love
In darkness, He's still there
I'm never alone, never abandoned
By a God I know still cares

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home