La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Bless the broken road

Despite the recent wet apartment adventures, my mood has been good. I've had a wonderful time playing with my nephew, and visiting with all my family. I've taken advantage of my free time to practice some songs on my keyboard (without Thomas's help!), reread parts of my some of my favorite books, write more consistently in my journal, and make lots of soup and cookies.

Reading through past journal entries, looking at pictures on Micheal Hamblin's website, and just talking to people have brought back some bittersweet memories. It's been hard thinking about friendships that failed, relationships that ended, and innocence that has been lost. It's been hard realizing that just as others have hurt me, I have hurt others as well.

It's part of the "Beautiful Letdown" that switchfoot talks about in their song. It's realizing that this world, that people in this world, are gonna let me down. It's a letdown, but it's beautiful because it reminds me that indeed I don't belong here. And it leads me right into the arms of God.

Which brings me to today. I was in a music store when they played the Rascal Flatt's song "Bless the Broken Road". I've heard the song many times before, but today it made me cry. The writer is talking about earthly love, and I certainly hope that someday the words will be true to my life. But for now, the song is another reminder of how God has used my brokenheart to draw me closer to Him.


Rascal Flatts - Bless The Broken Road

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there, you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home