La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Monday, October 02, 2006

It's about time

I've been silent on here for awhile mainly because free time is scarce.
Here's some updates:

1. My new job: I love my kids. I like my co-workers. My job would be much more manageable and enjoyable if all I had to do was speech therapy. Instead, I spend much of my time sitting in meetings and filling out paperwork.
For example this week(which is typical) Monday: IEP meeting 3-5 Tuesday: Staff meeting 2:45-4:00, Wednesday: IEP meeting 2:30-3:30, Thursday: New staff meeting 2:45-4:30, Friday: bus duty: till 3pm. Technically, I'm supposed to be able to leave work by 2:45pm. This has never happened.

2. I am moving this coming weekend (I found a roommate!). We were going to get some guys from our church to help us move. Except I realized yesterday all the guys from my church will be at the men's retreat.

3. I got my hair cut. It hasn't been cut in over a year, so I got quite a bit chopped off. Most people at work seemed to like it. I sent Thomas a picture and he told me that "it looked better than I thought it would".

4. I have been trying to improve my attitude (maybe I should take out my comments about work meetings) through prayer. I've been praying for the kids at work. I've been making lists of everything I'm thankful for. My attitude has actually changed a lot for the better, specifically in the morning. I actually wake up in a good mood and am happy to start my day.

This had been a long post and not terribly exciting. I am exhausted and brain dead. I'd love prayer:
1. Thanks for God's answer to prayer (finding a roommate, joyful mornings)
2. Less work/stress ( I asked my supervisor if I was slow and that's why I'm putting in 45-50 hour weeks. She told me no, I wasn't slow, but that I have a difficult school and a hard caseolad)
3. Moving -people to help
4. That I'd be a better friend.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Thomas said…

    Let me go on record to say that I never thought your haircut would look bad. :-) The context of what I said (which you suspiciously seem to have left out) was that I generaly don't like short hair on girls but that you looked cute in the picture. A guy's got to watch what he says around you ;) Wish I could help you move.

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger tranthegirl said…

    Oh, Tom Tom....

    I keep checking trevelocity to get tickets to Florida,.. once I saw tickets where there was a layover in Atlanta... I thought how cool! But didn't have the funds at the time. Now those are gone. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home