La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Funny story

It's been a long week. Not much has gone as planned. So I think I'm going to not plan anything else for the next few days.

I was writing those first 2 sentences this morning when the power went out in my apartment. I waited a few minutes, thinking it might turn back on, but it didn't. I hadn't eaten breakfast yet, so I I opened the fridge and then realized, "oh yeah, the power's off." I decided to talk to the leasing office to make sure they knew of the problem. I knew it was a bad sign when I walked in the leasing office and there were no lights on. Turns out the entire apartment complex is without electricity. So is the apartment complex nearby.

My sister had invited me over earlier, so I decided now was a good time to take her up on the offer. I was smiling the whole way to my sister's. First because my car works (ask me about my experience trying to get a new car battery yesterday, if you want another fun story). Second because as I finally decided to stop measuring the success of my wek based on how much I am able to cross off my to do list, I was once again reminded how little control I have over the details of life. And that its ok, because God's in control and he's usually better at running things than I am anyway.

For those who didn't get yeterday's "Jury Duty" reference:lyrics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home