La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Jury Duty

I have a dead car battery. Again. Yesterday, when I went out to my car to go to my home health visit, I noticed I had left my car door partially open overnight. This meant the car light was on, which left the car not running. My sister came by and jump started my car. I turned the car light off so I wouldn't have that problem again. Or so I thought.

I had actually turned the car light from "door" to "on". I went out later to start my car and once again had trouble. This time I found a friendly neighbor to help so I was on my way to my rescheduled speech therapy schedule. Later I stopped at a couple of stores and my sisters and was able to start my car fine every time. So I thought nothing more if it.

This morning I had an 8:40 doctor's appointment. One that I've already had to reschedule due to my previous employer not turning in my health insurance information on time so I could get continuing coverage. I went out to my car, put the key in the ignition, turned it, and realized once again my car battery was dead.

So, I called the doctor and cancelled. The earliest appointment is 2 weeks from now. And it looks like I'll be going to get my car battery replaced today.

On a positive note, my apartment complex finally decided to do something about the damage in my apartemnt. They repaired some of it yesterday and are coming by today when I am home so I can show them the rest. And I'll definitely be home since my car won't start.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger tranthegirl said…

    so sorry. how frustrating those times can be.

    maybe you can laugh about it later or weave the story ridiculous and let others laugh at it.

    I'm trying not to let those Ug-GRR events add up, but let them slide and move on.

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Remember my old Saab? That car fried the battery every other day regardless of what I did to stop it. Poor ol' Spot.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Oz said…

    batteries do that

     

Post a Comment

<< Home