La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Anyone like money?

I am trying to get smarter about how I use and save money and could use some help. I currently have a savings account at a credit union, but I would like to get an account somewhere where I will earn more interest. Also, I'm looking for advice about retirement planning (401k,etc.); its weird having to think about retirement when I've barely been working full time for a year. Anyway, I know very little about investing, and would appreciate advice from any of my friends who are older and/or wiser than me.

Thomas will be here in just a few days :) Work starts in a week and a half (scary!)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger T said…

    I recently got an online high yeild savings with HSBC, 5% interest earning. Consumer Reports put out something on Mutual funds. The market in the summer is usually really low which is a good time to invest and then climbs higher in the fall and winter. Although Bert is convinced that the econmy is totally going to collapse due the US won't be able to repay it's debts.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger tranthegirl said…

    You'd think that I'd be able to help in this b/c I work in finance, right?.... Oh well. I'm here for you when you need spiritual or cooking advice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home