La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I used to stay up past my bedtime to read by night light

Check out Tran's blog
She didn't tag me, but I felt like doing it anyway.

1. One book that changed your life:
What's so Amazing About Grace by Phillip Yancey

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
Survive on a Desert Island by Claire Llewellyn
I've actually never read the book, so if its poorly written and not very helpful, then I'd say the Bible or the complete works of Jane Austen

4. One book that made you laugh:
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

5. One book that made you cry:
Hiroshima by John Hersey

6. One book that you wish had been written:
I'll steal someone else's answer.......How to Make Your House Clean Itself

7. One book that you wish had never been written:
Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
Yeah, its a literary classic and maybe I'd like it now, but I remember hating it in high school.

8. One book you’re currently reading:
Just one? Contact by Carl Sagan

9. One book you've been meaning to read:
Foundation by Isaac Asimov

I think you're supposed to "tag" 5 people. How about Thomas, Kent, Tara, Carpenter, and Aaron.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tag?

    I bet you cut the tags off pillows and mattresses too!

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger tranthegirl said…

    Oh, D'oh, I forgot about Yancey... but his "Reaching for the Invisible God" would be in category 'book that changed your life'... but Don Miller's was more recent and impactful life-changer. Bonhoeffer's "Cost of Discipleship" would be maybe 3rd place... maybe... I dunno if it left a lasting impact really.

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Kevin Stilley said…

    I didn't cry whey I read John Hersey's book, but I remember how profoundly it moved me. Thanks for sharing the titles.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Oz said…

    Tagged (dang it!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home