La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Babies!

For those who don't know, my sister had her baby this past Tuesday night, a healthy little boy named Elijah. My sister said when she came home from the hospital Nate was excited to see his new baby brother and kissed his toes. That was the first and last bit of love he showed Elijah. Now he seems to just ignore him.

Friday night I went out to dinner with some of the girls from church. I'm not really sure if I'm glad I went or not. I wasn't that hungry, I was tired from work, and I didn't really feel like contributing to any of the conversation. One girl was discussing her current major of psychology and talking about all the volunteering she did with the special ed kids in her middle school/high school. She sounded very happy and idealistic. I don't know why this annoyed me so much other than the fact that I was feeling grumpy and some of what she said reminded me of me maybe 4 or 5 years ago. I need an attitude change; I'm too young to be so cynical.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger T said…

    you're never too young to be cynical :) Congrats on the new nephew!

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Oz said…

    WAY too young to be cynical.

    Wait, I was cynical when I was like 8 years old.

    Still ... it's really not that bad. Think happy thoughts and its always good to hang out with friends.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home