La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Transitions

During our discussion Monday night at home group I realized how much I don't like unexpected change. I tend to stress and worry about events way in advance so that by the time they roll around I'm fine. In December 2004 I decided I was going to move to Georgia when I graduated. I spent the next 8 months talking about it and mentally preapring myself so I would be ready when it happened.

The day after I was contemplating my dislike for change, my supervisor called and asked if there was anyway I could rearrange my schedule so I could go to another school serveal days a week. The speech therapist there will be out for the next month recovering from surgery and they need someone to cover her kids. My caselaod is really low, so I was able to make the time, but it meants flipping days I'm at different schools, pulling kids out of different classes, and driving 30-40 minutes between schools. I'm not sure how I will fit in the IEP meetings I need to with no flex time in my schedule.

But, I'm thankful that I have a job. And that the kids I'm taking on are elementary age so at least it'll be moe of what I like.

Oh, and thanks for those who have been praying for my interviews. The one I had on Tuesday went very well and they are passing my name on to the princiapls for further interviewing at specific schools.

I've got a pretty nasty cough that is allergy related and medicine really isn't helping. The nurse at school suggested I see a doctor because I have symptoms of asthma. I don't have time to see a doctor, so I'm not really sure how that's going to work.

So life's stressful but I'm appreciating more the great friends and family that I have and all the little things I take for granted :)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger tranthegirl said…

    Tell me how getting back into the groove of Georgia is. I prayed for it to be good and not overwhelming.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home