La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Love is a verb

Ever read something and think "Yikes! That's me."?

Last Monday night we talked a bit about what people have done for us that has made us feel loved. Naturally, someone brought up the book The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman (an intersting read, if you've never read it before).

I've been told my "love languages" are quality time and physical touch. But still, it was a little disconcerting to read these articles and see myself in the type of people they described.

More importantly, it was a reminder to try to show love to my friends and family in ways that they would appreciate it the best.

So what is your love language? When do you feel the most loved and appreciated?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger tranthegirl said…

    Stupid penny stock investment comments are all over ppl's blogs. Weird.

    What I offer as love:
    1) gifts
    2) service
    3) quality time and words of affirmation
    4) touch

    What I want as love:
    1) quality time especially conversation (I think ppl begin to love me less when their time w/ me also grows smaller. With Charles and Quenna, I think they hate me when they reject my offer of time spent together. Quenna is primarily gifts receiver and giver. Charles is service receiver, I think but hard to tell b/c he is INTJ Scientist type).
    2)touch
    3)words of affirmation and service tie
    4) gifts

     

Post a Comment

<< Home