La Mariposa

La mariposa = butterfly "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new is here." 2 Corinthians5:17

Sunday, January 22, 2006

kindred spirts

There's some books or authors I enjoy reading because their words could very well have been my own (though much more elequently said by them). Their struggles, their joys, I can identify with. One of those authors is Phillip Yancey.

Some experts from his book "Reaching for the Invisible God":

"When exuberant, I look on my past writings and am shocked at the sloughs of despond I wallowed in; when depressed, I am shocked at the bright faith I used to have."

"So how do I act as if your alive? How do the cells of my body, the same ones that sweat and urinate and get depressed and toss and turn in bed at night --how do these cells carry around the splendor of the God of the universe in a way that leaks out for others to notice? How do I love even one person with the love you came to bring?"

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home